
Today I volunteered at Long Hill Garden for the first time. The garden is located on five acres of land,it has two miles of hiking trails and a Federal style house that is surrounded by a series of distinct garden rooms. Each room is unique and offers a impressive collection of rare trees, shrubs and perennials! I was very happy when I got to learn and work with a plant that I was not familiar with! I always say the best way to learn about a plant is to work with it. Anyway the first tree that we pruned was
'Tetradium danielli' formerly known as Evodia!Those Damn Taxonomist are always changing the Latin names just after you have learn them!
After that I helped Dan"The Property Caretaker" prune a large azalea, an old crabapple, and a nice Kousa Dogwood(one of my favorites)! We finished up the session by widening a path overgrown with Northern Bayberry.
I would recommend a visit to Long Hill to anyone who enjoys being outdoors and can appreciate a beautiful space! If you are not plant geek like my self no worries the intoxicating beauty of the property will keep you very entertained for a couple hours atleast! I posted a link to the trustees of the reservation below, check it out it has alot of good information.
Happy Travels, overton.arborist
No comments:
Post a Comment